BRINGING OVER 750,000 DIVVY TRIPS TO LIFE
While the 2014 Divvy Data Challenge has officially ended, you can still download all Divvy trip data for 2013 at any time by clicking the button on the right side of the page.
Judging and Prizes
Winners of the Divvy Data Challenge can be viewed here.
Winning entries in each category received:
- Featured on the Divvy website and will be displayed in 1871 during the month of April
- Gift certificates for two Divvy memberships
- A Divvy t-shirt, five 24-Hour Passes to share with friends and family, and a Divvy water bottle
- Two Bern helmets
- 1871 gift bag
Click here to view the official rules of the Divvy Data Challenge.
Each trip is anonymized and includes:
- Trip start day and time
- Trip end day and time
- Trip start station
- Trip end station
- Rider type (Member or 24-Hour Pass User)
- If a Member trip, it will also include Member’s gender and year of birth
Click the button on the right side of the page to download the full data set.
To celebrate Divvy trip data for the 750,000 trips taken in 2013 becoming publicly available for the first time, we encouraged all scientists, designers, and programmers to analyze and present the data in visually compelling ways. The Data Challenge was launched in partnership with 1871, Chicago’s co-working center for digital startups.
We asked for visualizations that could help us illustrate the answers to questions such as: Where are riders going? When are they going there? How far do they ride? What are top stations? What interesting usage patterns emerge? What can the data reveal about how Chicago gets around on Divvy?
If you have any questions, please email Data@DivvyBikes.com.
the data file