How It Works
Find a Bike
Get the App
26.2 Reasons to Divvy this Marathon Weekend
The Bank of America Chicago Marathon is just days away and the best way to experience the weekend is by Divvy! Need a couple reasons why? Here's 26.2 of them!
1. For runners, you’re already running 26.2 miles this weekend. Warm up with a bike ride instead!
2. If you’re spectating, two wheels are faster for getting around the race course than two legs.
3. The Divvy bell is top-notch for noise-making on the course. Mo’ Cowbell!
4. There’s no better way to get from marathon expo to your favorite pasta joint.
5. The course doesn’t go along Lakeshore - you’ve got to get out there at some point this weekend!
6. If it’s good running weather, it’s good biking weather. Forecast looks great!
7. You don’t have to care about race day traffic.
8. If you bike to the start line, you get to hit snooze a couple more times in the morning.
9. If you bike to the beach and go for a swim, you can turn this marathon into a triathlon.
10. With 580+ stations, there is definitely one nearby your cheer zone. Map it out in the Transit app.
11. Runners shouldn’t be the only ones breaking a sweat this weekend…
12. …And maybe someone will cheer YOU on!
13. Plus, you’ll stand out in the crowds if you’re spectating.
14. The basket is perfect for holding that “Worst Parade Ever” sign you made for your friends.
15. How else can be you at every mile marker along the way?
16. Did we mention the bell? Seriously, it’s a good bell.
17. You might get confused with being the race pacer.
18. There’s no law saying you can’t buy a 26.2 sticker even if you biked it.
19. You can race yourself and get a new PR.
20. This counts as cross-training.
21. You can get just about anywhere in 26.2 minutes.
22. The wind in your hair feels even better on a blue bike.
23. With unlimited trips, you don’t have to worry about keeping track of the bike. Just dock it!
24. You’ll secretly impress other runners who see you on a bike after the finish.
25. It’s the quickest way to get from the finish line to a nap.
26.2. This has always been Divvy’s busiest day in October. Be a part of it!